Friday, November 25, 2011

Thankful to Greedy

My uncle put this as his Facebook status this morning and I thought it was interesting: "Thanksgiving Day/Black Friday - How ironic these two days back to back. Within 24 hours we go from being thankful for what we have, to fighting for what we want! Let's remain thankful all year!"

I had never thought of that irony, but it is unfortunately true. People complain about the long lines, the cold weather, items being out of stock, ect. but in reality, we should all be thankful that we have the money to buy those things, that we have jackets and gloves and scarfs to keep us warm, that we even have the ability to move beyond our front porch.

As we continue into the Christmas season, a time where the words "I Want" are heard more than any one person can count, I want to encourage each of you to continue being thankful. Shut out the greediness and selfishness, and instead be grateful for what God has given you this year. It's so easy to take things for granted, I know, but if we learn to count our blessings instead of overlooking them, we will begin to realize we have A LOT to be thankful for.

No comments: