Sunday, November 20, 2011

If I Could Go Back In Time I Would Tell Myself...

I am not too young.

Although the title of this post implies that I can no longer tell myself that I am not too young, that is not true. I'm not too young to lead someone to an everlasting relationship with Jesus Christ. I'm not too young to dream God-sized dreams. I'm not too young BE Jesus to someone. I'm not too young to change the world.

Although I realize this now, I wish I would have realized it 5 years ago. I had been told "You aren't too young!" a hundred times by multiple different people, but I never actually believed it. My mindset was always that things would be so much easier when I was older and could drive and have more freedom, which is true to an extent. The only problem with that is, now that I am older and I can drive and I have that freedom, it has become harder to share my faith with non-believers at school because of the fear of being judged. It has become harder to lead my peers to Jesus because in their mind, their ways are set and there's no changing them now. It saddens me that it took me so long to realize I'M NOT TOO YOUNG. And if there is one thing I hope young believers learn, it is that they are not too young to make an impact, to change the world, to be Jesus, to set an example for other believers.

I'm still young. It's time for me to start living like I can change the world, because I can.

No comments: